PLEASE ALWAYS READ THE HELP FILE THAT COMES WITH THE INSTALLER.
1. Is The Reunion compatible with non-English versions?
- The Reunion requires the English Steam / 1998 executable but is a framework that allows modders to retranslate the entire game. For example, this Italian translation uses The Reunion: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=19551.0
2. Do I need the game converter?
- Only if using the Square-Enix version of FF7. If you have the 1998 or Steam version of the game, no converter is needed.
3. How do I know The Reunion has been installed properly?
- Check app.log (found in the game's folder) and The_Reunion.log found in the The_Reunion folder. The version you have installed will also be noted.
4. The Reunion doesn't seem to be working for me?
- Same as number 3. If nothing obvious stands out, you can post in #help-with-the-reunion in our Discord Server and attach the logs.
Please note that The Reunion is only compatible with a legitimate Final Fantasy 7 installation on Windows 10.
Please do not ask for help in the Discord if you are using a pirated / illegitimate copy of the game.
6. There's no audio.
- Press ctrl-alt-M in game to unmute the sound. If this doesn't help, please check Audio.log found in root\The_Reunion folder.
7. Can I still gain Achievements?
- Not with The Reunion enabled. A workaround is to play the game with The Reunion enabled until significant progress has been made, then disable it (open root\The_Reunion\options.ini and set Disable_The_Reunion = y, and open the game in Steam.
8. How do I set my controller configuration?
- Please see the help file that came with the installer to find the default keyboard controls. To set a controller configuration, play FF7 and open up the main menu. There is a config option in the main menu.
9. Can I use save files created with The Reunion with other mods / installations?
- Yes. Save files are interchangeable.
10. The game area seems to be cut off / misaligned / scaled wrong
- Please change your dpi settings as follows: (your ff7.exe directory may be different)
11. How do I uninstall The Reunion? Can I edit / reinstall The Reunion?
- See the help file to learn how to uninstall. You can edit /remove / add any of the files in the Base, Global, and Custom folders. If reinstalling The Reunion, only files found in the Base folder will be deleted and updated, so there should be no ill effects with any custom mods you've added.
13. Can an older version of The Reunion be acquired?
- No. Older versions are totally unsupported and contained some serious bugs.
14. How do I set options?
- Please read the help file that came with the installer. Also note that the Steam Launcher and Steam settings are completely bypassed by The Reunion .
15. Why is The Reunion closed source?
-In the time The Reunion was open source, not one single person ever used the code to create something new. All that ever came of it were copies, clones, and ports of The Reunion content for other projects without permission or credit - and many of the features created here have been taken wholesale. We do not consider this to be in the spirit of open source. Far from open source being a benefit to the Final Fantasy VII modding community, it became a hindrance and open source of division. The graphical side (aali.dll) is open source, however.
16. Does The Reunion work with 7th Heaven?
- No. The Reunion has its own method of modding the game and is itself a completely different framework and mod manager.
17. I want X [such as W-Item glitch] to be reinstated
- One of the core aims of The Reunion is to fix all known glitches and bugs and restore the game to how the original team intended the release to be. If you wish to cheat, please use Ochu or any number of trainers or save editors.
18. Can you add X?
- Due to workload and other commitments, requests cannot be taken.
19. Is there a changelog?
- See The Reunion Database. That is always the main changelog.
20. Since I downloaded Reunion, my controls on the xbox one controller are messed up. For example, I enter the menu with A and can't run.
- Make sure that Steam input is disabled if there's an option to do that, then set up your controller in FF7's main Config menu (in the actual game).